Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slidecast

Slidecast

I don't know about the rest of you, but that was very enduring. I didn't have a hard time with the slideshow but all the downloading and various links made me want to cry. I truly needed all week to complete this task. I kept wishing I was in an actual class so that I can see what to do. Even the tutorials didn't help and I watched them so many time. The most embarrassing thing I tried to do was record while my computer does not have a mic!
Well, I got through it, somehow. I think it will be beneficial when I teach. It looks professional and shows the teachers that you are technologically inclined, so that some of that knowledge can rub off on the students. Like I said in the previous blog, it also gives the parents who didn't make it to back to school night a chance to see what is going on in their child classroom.
The benefit of doing the slideshow with audio not only makes it more personal, but it gives the parents a chance to take an active interest in the students. I also liked seeing what everyone else was doing in their class. As a teacher, I can look at these slides and use ideas that I like and incorporate them to my classroom. The slidecast is easy to download as I accidentally did it twice, so it would be easy to download slides from fellow teachers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the embarrasing moment. I know this has been tough, but I don't know any other way to show you how you can use technology in your class.

    ReplyDelete